RSS/Atom Feed

Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleine Adjustment

2015-03-02 ignoramus

So, I made some madeleines following a video with no recipe by using measurements from a recipe I found online. It worked pretty well and turned out fairly tasty, but something seemed off. The batter in the video was far more fluid. So, this weekend, instead of 1 ¼ cups of flour, I used 1 cup. What a difference.

I'm currently thinking that 350° F might need to change to 375° F to give them a bit more crispness without drying them out. I've got to eat all of these first though.

Beyond that, I ran into a new recipe I'd like to try someday: Bacon Fat Gingersnaps.